All Proceeds Benefit the following youth organizations: Smile Network and Reclaim. The Twin Cities 17-year tradition of hosting an Academy-sanctioned Oscar party continues this year with the Aegis Foundation as the official host.
One hundred percent of the proceeds from the event are divided between two organizations:
The Smile Network, an organization that funds surgical missions and provides necessary supplies needed to repair birth defects and Reclaim, an organization that provides mental health support and other resources to LGBT youth.
Twin Cities Official Oscar Party
Sunday, March 7, 2010
5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Red Carpet and Cocktails
7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Academy Awards viewing and Hors d’oeuvres
9 p.m. – 11 p.m. Award Night Contest Results and Dessert
201 S. 11th St.
Tickets start at $45
While the movie stars are walking the red carpet and accepting their awards in Los Angeles. Twin Cities party-goers can receive red carpet-commentary from My Talk 107.1’s Lori & Julia and Michael Rivers.
Emceed by KSTP’s own John Hanson & Elizabeth Ries from “Twin Cities Live”, The event is the ideal night out for film aficionados, fashion fanatics, and for everyone who’d like to indulge in an exciting Hollywood-themed evening all for a great cause. The chance to win amazing prizes and maybe even spot a local celebrity or two.
General Admission: $45 per person/ $35 if purchased before Feb.7
- Includes photo opportunity on red carpet, complimentary appetizers, and cash bar featuring $5 Opulent Vodka “Oscar” drink specials. VIP Admission: $150 per person/ $125 if purchased before Feb. 7
- Includes photo opportunity on red carpet, cash bar featuring $5 Opulent Vodka “Oscar” drink specials, three-course meal at Porter & Frye, and exclusive entrance to the Hollywood-styled VIP lounge.
Special VIP Group Offer: $100 per person/ $90 if purchased before Feb. 7
Groups of six or more, when purchased as a group (no individual ticket sales)
Partygoers can also enjoy:
- Smile Network silent auction featuring items ranging from $50 gift cards to $7,000 one-of-a-kind artwork by famed Beatle, John Lennon.
- $20 jewelry box raffle: One lucky winner will walk away with something sparkly from Tiffany & Co.
- Oscar prediction game cards. For $10 guests can predict who will take home the big awards of the night and the most correct guesses will win big prizes.
- Live broadcast of the Academy Awards Ceremony on 15 screens (provided by Best Buy)
- Hotel Ivy special $129.00 room rates for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (resv. code: OSCAR)
- Savvi Formal Wear: all Oscar party attendees will receive $15 off a tuxedo rental. Savvi will donate $15 to Aegis Foundation..
- Complimentary appetizers
- A “Sweet-Goodbye” candy buffet sponsored by Ferrara Pan Candy.
- Valet parking $5.00